The Tax Practice Group counsels a wide variety of individual and corporate clients on local, state and federal tax issues and in the development of strategies to enhance tax filing positions and satisfy compliance obligations.
Our attorneys have significant experience in analyzing and performing due diligence services for mergers and acquisitions, with procurement of state and federal tax rulings and refunds, and with voluntary compliance initiatives, audit defense, business transition tax analysis, and advice and analysis with respect to incentive based compensation, benefit plans and ERISA issues. Working as a team, we are able to coordinate our efforts and maximize firm resources in order to render responsive and cost-effective services for the benefit of our clients.
COVID-19 Tax Advisory
- August 28, 2020 - The IRS issued limited guidance on the payroll tax deferral that was part of President Trump's August 8th executive order. Read more here.
- March 27, 2020 - Rhode Island Division of Taxation extends income tax returns and payments due on April 15th to July 15th. http://www.tax.ri.gov/Advisory/ADV_2020_11.pdf
- March 27, 2020 - Massachusetts Department of Revenue extends due dates for personal income tax returns and payments from April 15th to July 15th. http://www.mass.gov/info-details/important-covid-19-coronavirus-response-update-from-dor
- March 20, 2020 - Connecticut extends Personal Income Tax Return filing and payment deadlines until July 15th. https://portal.ct.gov/DRS/Press-Room/Press-Releases/2020/Filing-and-Payment-Deadline-Extended-for-Connecticut_Income-tax-returns
- March 20, 2020 - IRS extends tax filings and paying deadline to July 15th for all taxpayers, including estates, trusts, and gift tax returns. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day-july-15-treasury-irs-extend-filing-deadline-and-federal-tax-payments-regardless-of-amount-owed