Travis’s practice encompasses both litigation and regulatory matters. He focuses his litigation practice on representing clients in business litigation before the state and federal courts of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and his regulatory practice includes representing clients in banking, insurance, cannabis, and environmental matters.
Travis’s litigation practice includes complex commercial disputes, employment, land use and zoning, and environmental matters. He provides practical, cost-effective advice to clients with environmental and land issues, including advising and representing clients on compliance, planning, site remediation and redevelopment, and cost recovery litigation. He defends regulated entities in contested matters before the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation and in civil cases in both state and federal court.
Because his practice involves both individuals and large companies, Travis has familiarity with and uses a variety of different tools for cost-effectively managing large and small litigation. This is most especially useful in the complex discovery that often accompanies complex commercial and environmental litigation, including electronic discovery and the use of technology to manage production and document review.
Prior to joining Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP, Travis was an associate at the New York offices of Latham & Watkins LLP. Travis grew up in Rhode Island and was formerly a technical writer and sales consultant at a Rhode Island automation and technology company.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Pepperdine Law Review, Business and Production Editor
- Pepperdine University Straus Institute, Master of Dispute Resolution
- Seton Hall University, B.A., magna cum laude
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- New York
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Federal District Court, New York
- U.S. Federal District Court, Massachusetts
- Land Use & Environmental
- Real Estate
- Cyberliability & Data Security
- Cannabis Advisory Practice
- Named a Rhode Island Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2013-2019)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
Boards and Community Activities
- Governor's Insurance Coucil
- Appointed by Governor Raimondo, 2019
- Children's Friend
- Planning Committee Volunteer
- Common Cause Rhode Island
- Policy Steering Committee
- Financial Services Professionals
- Board Member, Rhode Island Chapter
- Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association
- Compliance Committee
- No Worker's Comp for Medical Marijuana, SJC Rules
As seen in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, November 12, 2020
- R.I. Supreme Court Holds No Duty to Defend Additional Insured Outside Policy Coverage
As seen in The Anchor, January 2020
- Cybersecurity Legislation Expressly Applicable To The Insurance Industry Is Coming Sooner or Later, Rhode Island. Are You Ready?
As seen in The Anchor, January 2020
- There's a smartphone app for that? EPA compliance: The next generation
As appeared in the New England Real Estate Journal, December 2, 2016
- Hold the (cell) phone! NFL Lawsuit May Hinge on Spoliation
- Becoming an Expert at Experts: A Guide for Young Attorneys
American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, July 2015, 01 July 2015
- Testing the Limits: Environmental Indemnity Agreements and Managing Risk
- "Mortgage Foreclosure Ordinances Preempted by Existing State Law"
- "New Standard for Environmental Assessments Gaining Traction"
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Attorneys Recognized in Professional Excellence Law Issue In Rhode Island Monthly
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2019 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Elects Travis McDermott, Alexandra Pezzello and Lawrence Sheh to Partner
January 7, 2019
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
American Lawyer Media, October 22. 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Announces New Counsel
May 17, 2017